If you’re wondering what are some activities to do with toddlers, a quick-start solution is to sign up for a subscription box that will deliver creative fun to your doorstep.
In this article, we have compiled the best subscription boxes for 3 year-olds & under that deliver worldwide.
This article may contain affiliate links. [Read full disclosure]
Best Montessori Subscription Box
- Designed by internationally-certified Montessori educators
- Used in Montessori classrooms around the world
- Meets US-safety standards (ASTM & CPSC)
- Made from sustainably-forested wood, non-toxic paint, and 100% recyclable packaging
Montikids is the only subscription service that manufactures authentic Montessori-certified toys and learning tools.
Their educational range of age-based activity boxes are specifically designed for play-based learning from 0 months to 36 months.
Each and every one of their boxes have a 100% five-star rating with many praising the quality and educational value.
|Shop boxes by age >>|
2. My Creative Box – Mini Explorers (2-4 Years)
Best Art & Crafts Box For Toddlers
- Based in Australia, shipping worldwide
- 4-6 learning activities in each box
- Unlimited free access to digital learning packs
- 15% off craft supplies
Developed by an early childhood educator and mum of three kids, My Creative Box hails from Australia and has been delighting customers worldwide since 2016.
Her activity boxes for toddlers are a fun mixture of sensory play, crafts, STEM learning and more.
If you are in NSW, Australia, you will also be able to use your Creative Kids Vouchers on their subscriptions as they will be a registered creative kids provider.
|See all reviews >>|
3. Lovevery Play Kits (0-3 Years)
Best Educational Play Subscription Box
- Developmental-based, created with early years academics, researchers, and practitioners
- Delivered every 3 months alongside your baby’s developmental stage
- Includes play guide for every stage
- Ships U.S & Canada only
The award-winning Lovevery, unfortunately, only ships within the U.S and Canada, but it’s such a unique product that it’s absolutely deserving a spot on this list.
Most kids’ subscription boxes on the market contain disposable activity materials that are not meant for continuous, repetitive play. However, Lovevery’s play kits contain various toys, tools and play setups that you can use for a long time.
Best of all, their activity boxes are designed to be age-appropriate to nurture the natural development of your little one. Think S.T.E.M toys for babies.
For this reason, every box is timed to be delivered alongside your baby’s developmental stage, each one corresponding to a significent milestone, for instance The Babbler Play Kit for months 13, 14 and 15.
|Choose subscription >>|
|Read all reviews >>|
4. Snail Mail For Kids (Ages 2+)
Best Weekly Subscription Fun
- Weekly storytelling letters with jokes and fun facts about animals, geography and adventures
- Free trading card plus a small souvenir included each week
- Free stuffed animal included with minimum 3 months subscription
- Ships worldwide
With a near-perfect 95% rating of 5-stars, Snail Mail For Kids clearly has great appeal. Based on customer feedback, little ones from as young as 1.5 years up to 8 years old all enjoy receiving their weekly mail.
In the digital age that our kids are growing up in, it’s a breath of fresh air for them to discover the joy of snail mail and reading physical notes and letters.
The idea is so simple yet genius, we all know how much kids love checking the mailbox for letters. Not only are these letters educational, but reading them together is also a great parent-child bonding time!
|Starting at US$14/mth|
5. Kiwi Co – Panda Crate (0-2 Years)
Most Affordable Activity Box For Toddlers
- Bi-monthly subscription delivered every 2 months
- Designed in partnership with Seattle Children’s Hospital
- Developmentally appropriate toys to encourage play-based learning
- Tested with real babies and parents
- Ships worldwide
Another award-winning subscription service that rivals Lovevery, the Panda Crate by Kiwi Co is also developmental-based for babies and toddlers aged 0 to 2.
Much like Lovevery’s play kits, the Panda Crate contains beautifully designed toys, books, puzzles and more to stimulate early years learning and keep little ones happily engaged.
6. Tiny Humans Read (0-8 Years)
Best Reading Books Subscription
- Monthly Board Book Box (0-3 Years) include 4 x board books per box
- Beautifully gift-wrapped books to inspire, delight and empower little ones
- Includes bonus activities to complement storytime
- Ships worldwide
Whimsically curated for kids aged 0 to 8, Little Humans Read delivers interesting and lesser-known titles to your doorstep every month. It is a beautiful way to introduce little ones to wondrous and magical books written by indie authors.
With a 4.8 stars rating from delighted parents, it is clear the team behind Little Humans Read have a knack for finding perfect age-appropriate books that are fun and exciting to read.
|Order a book box >>|
7. Hoppi Box (0-4 Years)
Best Lovery Alternative
- Developed with child development specialists
- Montessori inspired
- Quarterly subscription, delivered every three months
- Ships U.S & Canada only
Featuring 4-5 toys from notable brands like Hape and Tegu in every box, Hoppi Box is also a Montessori activity box most comparable to Lovevery.
Hoppi Box vs Lovevery
Both subscriptions are delivered quarterly and only ships within U.S and Canada. However, Hoppi Box is a little more affordable than Lovevery.
If you’re looking for a more economical alternative to Lovevery, Hoppi Box is a great choice that also offers high quality Montessori toys for early years development.
Hoppi Box has an overall 4.5 stars on CrateJoy, with many positive customer experiences and parents who have subscribed for years. It’s proof of excellent quality and service when a subscription-based business is able to retain customers for such a long time.I got this subscription for my nephew. Both his mom and I are former teachers so we understand the importance of age-appropriate toys and care a lot about how they are sourced. Each box has been full of high quality, durable, sustainable-made toys that my nephew loves! Lindsay.K – 06 May 2019
|Get a Hoppi box >>|
8. Why And Whale (Ages 6m+)
Best Monthly Lifestyle Box For Toddlers
- Beautifully curated heirloom quality, ethically-made toys, apparel and books
- Supporting small shops and indie brands like Cuddle+Kind and Maileg
- Subscribers get 15% off store items
A well-established kids lifestyle store, Why and Whale stocks popular brands like Ollie Ella and Grapat in its store, but also offers a monthly subscription box full of wonderful surprises for ages 6 months to 6 years.
We love love love Why and Whale for helping us discover and support small businesses. The small shop clothing and other goodies are always precious and really reflect my kiddo’s unique personality AND they are always right on target for his age and development. Heather.K – 04 July 2018
|Starting at US$18.96/MTH >>|
9. Green Kid Crafts – S.T.E.M Box For Toddlers (2-5 Years)
Best Early Years S.T.E.M Subscription
- Nature-based STEAM activities
- Created by environmental scientist, Penny Bauder
- Sustainble, eco materials
- One tree planted for every order
- Ships worldwide
Green Kid Crafts has in business for 10 years and offers a range of kids activity boxes with nature themes centred around sustainability.
It has a 4.2 stars rating from over 200+ reviews on CrateJoy, a subscription box marketplace.
If you’re an eco-conscious mama, the Junior Science & Crafts subscription box from Green Kid Crafts is a wonderful way to open up conversations about environmental impact through creative S.T.E.AM activities.
I signed up my daughter for this box because she loves science and art. It did not disappoint! The experiments and projects are well thought out and the guide is super handy. As a science teacher, I approve this box! Jenna.H – 20 June 2020
|Subscribe Green Kid Crafts >>|